The Master of Information Systems Management/Master of Business Administration (MISM/MBA) double degree provides advanced skills and knowledge across the complex areas of both business and information systems.
This unique program enables students to achieve the aims and objectives of both the current Swinburne MISM and MBA courses in the most time/cost-efficient and effective way.
The information systems component is concerned with the application of information technology to support organisations in the conduct of their business. It examines both the organisational issues and the techniques and technology required for the analysis, design and implementation of business solutions, with an emphasis on electronic commerce.
The business administration component not only offers the opportunity to acquire contemporary management knowledge and skills, it also provides students with the ability to apply that knowledge in an innovative, creative and entrepreneurial way.
• A recognised bachelor degree and at least three years relevant business experience preferred. Students applying for the MISM/MBA double degree must meet the admission criteria for each constituent degree.
• Prospective students who do not hold an appropriate qualification but who have significant relevant work experience (normally five years or more) and evidence of academic capability may initially apply for the Graduate Certificate of Information Systems Management. Their progression to enrolment into the MISM/MBA will require satisfactory completion of the first four units of study (semester 1) of the double degree.
• Master of Information Systems Management: Students who have an IS degree or Graduate Diploma in Information Systems may be eligible to commence the program with up to four exemptions. Students who have a degree in another IT-related discipline may receive one or two exemptions.
• MBA: The admission requirement for the MBA program is an appropriate undergraduate qualification at a credit level (GPA 2.5, GMAT 600+ or equivalent) from a recognised tertiary institution.INTERNATIONAL:
• A recognised bachelor degree at a suitably high level and at least three years relevant professional experience.
Share This Page: